Today, apart from its past, Chennai is also known for many things which continue to enlighten its present. It is the main centre of the South Indian classical music and dance; it's the place where Bharatanatyam, the oldest classical dance form was originated. And, from wide range of silk saris for which it's famous, to tempting and scrumptious multi-cuisines which have the visitors from all over the world taste the traditional as well as international, the city truly adds flavour to the visit. And visit you must! It is one of the cities which have perfectly balanced between the East and West and undoubtedly, it is one the most prominent cultural centre of the nation. But before plan for a trip, know that the favourable time to visit this place is from October to March. After going to Chennai, you will get a complete, magnificent picture of this ethnically wealthy capital city of Tamil Nadu. So, for making your trip more enjoying and problem-free, you should follow some of the important travel tips. These travel tips for Chennai will help you in making your journey safer and happier. You should know about the hospitals, holidays, local transport, flights, foreign embassies, etc.
Following are some of the travel tips for a happy and safe expedition to Chennai.
- Take complete information about the places you would be visiting there.
- Respect the local culture and try to be polite to the residents.
- Search for the government offices and other agencies for any help.
- Do visit the famous temples, churches, monuments, museums, forts, beaches, parks and other historical structures which are located in the capital city.
- Don't forget to carry all your personal identity proofs and passport-sized photographs.
- Check out the traditional cuisines served in the restaurants.
- Drink bottled mineral water from reliable brands.
- Always consult a reliable travel agency which will provide you with proper guide and will conduct your tour with less hassle.